Reliable access to blockchain data in seconds, at blazing fast speeds.
Pinax is excited to announce that our free service is available, providing you with the APIs to use Firehose and Substreams for supported blockchains.
Want to jump right in and try the service? Skip to the steps to get started right away.
What are Firehose and Substreams?
Firehose is a blockchain data extraction layer that can process the full history of blockchains at unprecedented speed. Firehose reliably extracts huge volumes of blockchain data into flat files, for cheap and efficient storage.
Substreams serves as a blockchain data transformation layer that uses the blockchain data extracted by Firehose. A parallelized and streaming-first engine, Substreams enables developers to transform and manipulate blockchain data for use in dApps, web3 analytics, and more.
Why use these tools?
If you are a web3 builder, creating dApps or blockchain data-related solutions, this technology is for you.
- Incredibly fast data retrieval
- High data availability (prevents downtime)
- Stores data as simple flat files
- Enables parallel processing
- Provides consistent data format across supported blockchains
- Available as an open source project
- Offers a streaming-first approach for real-time analytics
- Reduced processing and wait time
- Efficient processing of enormous blockchain histories
- Makes processed data available for data stores or real-time systems
- Modules can be combined and built on top of each other
- Horizontally scalable
Blockchains Supported by Pinax
Currently supported chains for Firehose and Substreams
- Goerli, Ethereum Testnet
- Sepolia, Ethereum Testnet
- Holesky, Ethereum Testnet
- Chapel, BSC Testnet
- Mumbai, Polygon Testnet
Currently supported chains for Firehose
Substreams for these chains are coming soon.
The quickstart guide will walk you through the steps to get started. Test it out and let us know what you think!
Follow these easy steps to access the service:
- Log in at app.pinax.network.
- Follow the quickstart guide to get started.
- Try out the service and let us know what you think in the comments below.
What can you do with Firehose and Substreams?
Check out our Substreams Unleashed video series for practical examples of how you can use this technology:
- Build a Google Sheet with blockchain data
- Use our Substreams-Sink Library
- Fetch and stream blockchain data to your dApp
- Use calendar dates to get block numbers
- Many more!
Connect to our free service and start playing with it. Then comment here and let us know your experience. We want to hear from you so we can improve.
Subscribe to our newsletter near the bottom of any Pinax webpage to be notified when we add more chains and more services, like our premium plans. Our premium plans will offer more capabilities and faster speeds.
We look forward to hearing from you!